Instagram

Monday 1 August 2011

Marrakech #5

Camels!! I was actually beyond excited when we got to the Palmerie, a kind of oasis on the outskirts of Marrakech. After driving past the King's lavish hotel and countless Hamams with their beautiful gardens, we finally saw them! And there were so many! And baby ones! It was actually one of the most beautiful things ever! Although it was the most expensive adventure we had in Morocco (we eventually bartered to pay 300MAD - around £25 for just half an hour plus 200MAD - £15 for the taxi), I'm so happy we did it, it's an experience I'll never forget! My camel was called Shakira and was a bit naughty but I think it was just hungry so kept stopping to gnaw on palm tree leaves. It was unbelieveably sunny, so my pictures didn't turn out too well, hence I've enhanced some of them, which you can probably tell. 










I also had some Henna done at the Djemaa on the same day, which I love! I have even managed to persuade some that it's real :P I had the best colour done, black, which lasts for about 2-3 weeks and I can say that it's still going strong so I'm really happy with the quality. The brown and the orange, which last only a week or a couple of days respectively, just didn't look that nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment