Instagram

Thursday 17 November 2011

Night time in Sydney

Here's one last treat from Sydney! It took me a while to pluck up the courage to go out in Sydney at night with my tripod and camera in hand... or maybe I just couldn't be bothered until the last night. I am clearly no expert when it comes to taking night time pictures and out hundreds of pictures I took, these are the only decent ones I got but I gave it a shot. Quite literally. After all the ferries stop, the water is really calm and the lights reflect off it beautifully and the sky above the Harbour Bridge looks awesome!
I was really sad to be leaving Sydney, it's definitely one of my favourite places in the world! My hostel was really friendly and I met some lovely people! 
Here are my top 10 amazing things to do in Sydney (in no particular order):
1. Take a trip to Manly & walk down the Corso. But keep your eyes up! All the new modern shops are old houses that used to be old tea rooms or ice cream shops!
2. Visit the Opera House at night time. But don't get too close! Keep your eyes and ears open for cool bands that play in the bars directly below the Opera House. You can stand there for ages and listen, free of charge, or you can get a quiet drink with a friend, credit card needed.
3. Take your time on George Street. But don't miss the Queen Victoria Building! It's so big, yet hardly noticeable. But it has some awesome shops & a grand food parlour, where you can shop till you drop and eat your heart's desire.
4. Visit the Anzac Memorial. But be careful! There's a huge, almost invisible pond right in front of it, so make sure you don't fall in! I sat there for ages and watched skateboarders show off their skills :)
5. Visit Market City. But don't get conned! It's tough to judge what's real & what's fake. So maybe buy your Ugg boots at a genuine store and your Versace wallets, well, at Versace. Other than that you can get loads of cool souvenirs and so much food, you'll eat for days!
6. Tour Government House. But stay down to earth! You'll probably never live there, sorry! 
7. Walk the Harbour Bridge. But don't be too enthusiastic! It's a long way and there's nothing much at the other end. The best views are right in the middle and in my opinion, I preferred seeing it from afar. It's just so majestic.
8. Stroll The Rocks. But don't miss The Rocks Museum! It's not easy to find but it's worth a visit, there's a lot to learn about Sydney's history.
9. Take a day trip. But I'll let you chose. The Blue Mountains were so amazing! But there are tons of other things to do, too!
10. Go to Bondi Beach. But only visit once! Most people say it's overrated even though I think it's beautiful. You gotta visit once, at least... but leave the returning to the beach boys & barbies. :P

4 comments:

  1. stunning photos! i love this - more of Sydney please! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! I'd love to visit Sydney again and follow some of your guide tips :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are beautiful - they really make me want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you had an amazing time in sydney!

    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete