Instagram

Monday 26 December 2011

Federation Square

Here's a lovely picture I took of Federation Square in Melbourne.  I love the lights on the top of the Square and when I saw them on at night I was actually kind of disappointed that they weren't all different colours. i actually went and sat on the steps almost every night (because there was free wi-fi :P) and I loved it! You get a wonderful view of Flinders Street Station, St. Paul's Cathedral and the Young & Jackson Hotel, which is home to a famous "Chloe" painting. To me, this is the most amazing place in the whole of Melbourne and it's the most central. It was only opened in 2002 and it's been really well kept and sees on average 8.4 million visitors a year, among them many famous people such as Oprah and HRH herself, the Queen only this year in October! 
The Square is also home to the ACMI, the Australian Centre of the Moving Image, which was the most amazing museum. I saw Heath Ledger's armour from Ned Kelly, Cate Blanchett's Oscar, a couple of Baftas, a script and some gold coins from Pirates of the Caribbean, costumes from Moulin Rouge and so many more amazing things! You couldn't take pictures unfortunately, but if you ever get to Melbourne, visit the ACMI if you don't visit any other museum. I loved it and it definitely has something for everyone. Hope you're all having a lovely day!   

1 comment: