Instagram

Friday 11 November 2011

Bit of a Manly day...

On one of the days in Sydney, I went to Manly by ferry, which is a popular Sydney suburb with a nice beach and a little shopping area. Basically, it's a nice seaside town for families! I didn't particularly enjoy the boat trip but my aunt's sister (no, not my mum or my aunt so work that one out for yourselves) showed me around North Head, which is a National Park near Manly, and the most northern point of Sydney Harbour! I also visited the little church where Nicole Kidman got married (3rd from last picture) and the private school next to it, as well as seeing lots of sailing boats, wind surfers and one enormous container ship, like the ones I know from Southampton. Another cool thing was Manly art gallery, in which you unfortunately weren't allowed to take pictures :( I felt like I was getting into art quite a bit on my travels and I even visited the Art Gallery of New South Wales but you couldn't take pictures there, either. I guess the Aboriginal art, as well as most of the temporary exhibitions were protected somehow, which is sad because I would have loved to share the amazing Australian art but you'll all just have to go and see it for yourself! In the Manly Art Gallery, there was a lot of photography, which was all analog photography so there were no pixels and they had all been developed in a dark room! It was awesome. They also had an exhibition dedicated to Swimsuits from all the different eras & it was hilarious to see some of the swimsuits - yes, you read that right - that men used to wear back in the day! Anyway, enough rambling, here are my best pictures from the day! 










1 comment: