Instagram

Saturday 17 December 2011

National Gallery of Victoria International

On one of the days in Melbourne, I went to the National Gallery of Victoria International and you were allowed to take pictures! Whoo! You might remember me saying that I went to an amazing art gallery in Sydney but couldn't take any pictures even though I loved the art but I think they have restrictions against some of the 'sacred' collections. Anyway, I loved this art gallery and it's absolutely huge! Although I do like the paintings, I absolutely love all the ornaments and glasses and jewellery! Most of it is obviously older than Australia itself, so it's actually been brought over here by Europeans, from England, France, Holland & Germany. There was one lovely painting, though, of Little Red Riding Hood & the wolf! 
The Gallery also had a photography gallery, which was amazing and full of military photography from places like Iraq and Afghanistan but it was so light in the gallery & the photos were in frames so the light kept reflecting off the glass, which meant I didn't get any great pictures. But here are some of my favourites from the day. Check out the amazing mosaic ceiling in the forecourt of the gallery!


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures :) have a lovely Christmas
    Laur x

    Www.betwixtlaur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete